Committees are vital to the success of our CFMA chapter. Members can volunteer in a variety of ways within CFMA. This is a great way for you to get to know other members of the association. Time commitments vary by committee, but most meet once a month or quarter for about an hour. They are fun and informative meetings.
The Programs Committee is responsible for the development, planning, and execution of all Chapter educational meetings. Main responsibilities include:
- Annual planning meeting
- Designing event calendar and developing monthly programs
- Executing monthly programs consists of:
- Working with Chapter Administrator to publicize all chapter Events via email and by posting events and their details to the Chapter website calendar.
- Coordinating announcements and speaker introductions.
- Working with Membership Committee to obtain the exact headcount for each event.
- Selecting venue and menu, making reservations, coordinating with the venue the banquet hall requirements and networking area, ensuring the venue is equipped with projector, microphone, and laptop for presentation.
- Confirming speakers prior to the event.
- Coordinating event agenda and introductions with Chapter President.
- Giving consideration to event sponsorships, if appropriate.
Membership Committee is responsible for the Chapter’s membership recruitment and retention efforts. Main responsibilities of the Membership Committee include:
- Identifying prospective members and including them in our database of potential members
- Obtaining names and addresses of guests at meetings and contacting them after the meeting or event
- Identifying companies currently not involved in the organization and contact them
- Coordinating with Chapter Administrator to ensure that membership database is up to date
- Identifying and Recruiting Prospective Members
- Promoting CFMA at events and Answering Inquiries Regarding Membership
- Integrate New Members Into The Organization
- Hold Membership Drives
- Member Retention
Golf Tournament Committee
Golf Committee is responsible for organizing the Chapter’s annual golf outing. Main responsibilities of the Golf Committee include:
- Setting the date for the Annual Golf Tournament
- Determine target participation, sources sponsorships for raffle prizes, beverage cart, dining, hole sponsors, and special prizes.
- Registering golfers, maintaining headcount, and pairing up golfers with teams.
- Working with Chapter Administrator to publicize the golf outing via email and Chapter website.
- Securing volunteers for golfer registration and other activities on the day of the event.
The CCIFP Chapter Champion is responsible for increasing the number of CCIFPs in our chapter by talking about certification at chapter meetings. Supporting members who on in the process of being certified. Sharing information about being a CCIFP and supporting any study groups that we host.